Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas and some links

I know, it's been awhile since I last posted. Unfortunately, while getting our Christmas tree a few weeks ago, I slammed my finger in the car door. In addition to solidifying my status as the klutz of our household, the injury made it difficult to type for awhile. I'm still not back to 100% typing capability, but I'm finally at the point where I can go beyond necessary typing and re-enter the world of blog.

Things are well in West Newton. I'm surprisingly prepared for this evening's service, and our house is ready for Lisa's family to arrive this afternoon. I cannot wait for the service tonight. It's the best service of the year in our congregation -- as well as the most dangerous. I might ask Lisa to take some pictures tonight so you can see what I'm up against as I delicately maneuver around uncovered candles. It's a flaming clerical robe waiting to happen.

A few brief updates, for those of you I won't see in the next couple of weeks:
1. The kittens are growing, and still incredibly cute. Chief and I have established a "fetch"-like game, where he brings his toy tiger up to me on the couch, and I flick it across the room, he retrieves it, and we repeat.
2. It snowed a lot last Saturday, and a little more on Monday. Hopefully it will stay cold enough today that it doesn't all melt, and we can have a white Christmas. Have I ever told you how much I love snow? Unfortunately, tomorrow's forecast is for ice/sleet in the morning, turning to rain in the afternoon. Ugh.
3. Amazingly, the Steelers still have a slim chance of sneaking into the playoffs. But, I don't think any team who loses to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns in a 5 week stretch should be allowed to make the playoffs. So, should the Steelers miraculously get in, I propose that they go all Notre Dame and decline the playoff invitation, because they sure didn't earn it.
4. We now have a church website, created by one of our members, who happens to be a web developer for clothing retailer American Eagle. We're still filling in some content, but I'm very excited that our congregation has finally chosen to keep up with 1990's technology.

In an effort to be politically correct, I will not wish you a Merry Christmas. Rather, in the spirit of NBC's hilarious new show, Community, I wish you a Merry Happy, and I hope Mr. Winter brings you lots of non-denominational gifts and cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment