Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Five Families

On Tuesday, at our Vacation Bible School planning meeting, the VBS director kept talking about "The Five Families." The curriculum calls for splitting children into families, and she thinks we'll probably have five families, based on the number of kids we usually have. At one point, she looked at me and said, "What? Why do you keep smiling every time I talk about the five families?"

Laughing, I replied, "Every time you mention 'The Five Families', I think of The Godfather. It sounds like we're doing Mafia VBS." My response was met with complete uncomfortable silence, as I quickly realized I was the only male in the room.

I was the only person in the room that was not alive when The Godfather was first released, yet apparently I was the only person who had ever seen it, or any of the trilogy for that matter. I need more guy friends.

1 comment: