Monday, October 25, 2010

Name Change and Redesign

Let me take a moment to explain the name change on the blog. The previous name, The Blog That Saved Pittsburgh, was meant to be a play on the old Dr. J movie called, The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh. I've never seen the movie, mostly because it sounds like an awful waste of 2 hours, but I thought I was clever at the time I set this blog up. However, I failed to take into account how obscure this movie really is, so most people took the name of this blog to be heretical narcissism. Neither me nor my blog are saving anyone in the Pittsburgh area, from sin or bad basketball. Let's leave that to Jesus and Julius.


Hence, the new name, and with it a snazzy re-design. Last week, I had a colleague call me a "closet charismatic." He explained that when we think of a charismatic Christian, we think of a hand-waving, praise-song singing enthusiast. But that is not how I often worship. I'm more contemplative, which is a nice way of saying that I'm lost in thought all the time. But he said that even though I'm quiet, he can tell that I'm always seeking to praise God with all that I do and all that I am. I'm a charismatic at heart, but it's hidden behind a veneer of peaceful silence.


It is one of the best compliments anyone has ever given me. Praise the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on coming out of the closet. Please contact the Board of Ordained Ministry as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete