Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The White Knight

At last night's Pirates game, I got up after the 3rd inning to get a drink. As I turned into the aisle, I almost tripped over some blond haired doofus sitting in the aisle a couple rows back, dressed well and holding an iPad. That doofus turned out to be no doofus at all; it was Pirates GM Neal Huntington.

I love this man. I've loved him since the summer he arrived in Pittsburgh and began implementing the genius plan that is turning the Pirates around into a contending team for 2012. He stayed in our section for about 45 minutes, and if he wasn't deep in conversation, I would've loved to take a moment to thank him for all his hard work and courage in the face of stupid Pirates fans that don't understand baseball economics.

Actually, it was all I could do to keep from hugging him. I've said it pretty much since the day of the Jason Bay trade, and I'll say it again: I HEART NEAL HUNTINGTON.

No comments:

Post a Comment