Saturday, September 13, 2008

Life is good

Finally, in the 3rd week of college football season, Lisa and I are free to spend Saturday the way Saturdays in the fall should be spent. A recap of our day so far:

8:20 am Woke up still feeling full from last night's battle with Olive Garden's never-ending pasta bowl. Apparently, the battle is not over.

8:25 am Battle with never-ending pasta bowl complete. As Johnny Drama would yell, "Victory!"

8:30 am Make coffee, get paper off front lawn, putz around with coffee, paper, and computer for about a half hour.

9:00 am Revise sermon.

9:40 am Check on status of Lisa. She's laying in bed, fully awake, staring at the ceiling and smiling. That's my girl.

9:45 am Begin making breakfast.

10:10 am Eat breakfast while watching College Gameday.

11:30 am Still eating breakast while watching College Gameday.

11:45 am Clean up from breakfast, check e-mail, watch College Gameday.

12:00 pm Read Sports Illustrated, do a crossword, watch football.

1:00 pm Talk with Jeremy for awhile.

1:30 pm Back to football, write blog about my lazy Saturday.

1:42 pm Finish this post while watching football. Decide to eat cake as a snack.

I suspect the rest of the day will go pretty much like this. I hope it does. I'm going to go get some cake as a reward for finishing this post.

2 comments:

  1. And, as much as I am enjoying this perfect day with my husband, I vaguely feel like something, or someone, is missing. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I believe that someone is Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be embarassed. I, and a good dip, complete any football watching get-together.

    ReplyDelete