Tuesday, December 16, 2008

When the Cat's Away...

...the mice will play. That's how the saying goes, anyway. And when the wife's away, the husband will eat unhealthily. That's my saying.

Since we married, Lisa has been very good about insisting we eat healthy. You know, a bowl of rabbit food with every meal, vegetables without butter on them, eating fruit instead of candy for snacks, etc. But tonight, she's out Christmas shopping for yours truly. Which means I got an early Christmas gift -- dinner on my own.

At first, I was going to be moderately responsible. She doesn't like Chinese food, and it's been forever since I've had good Chinese (there's NO good Chinese food in the South!). It was the perfect chance to get what I like without subjecting her to eating something she doesn't like. But the closest Chinese restaurant is more than 15 minutes away, and I didn't feel like driving in the snow to go get it.

So, on to Dinner Plan B. I went to the store, grabbed the necessary ingredients, and made the following sandwich:

1/4 lb. patty ground beef
1/4 lb. patty hot sausage
2 eggs over easy - placed in between the patties
2 slices American cheese
All on a sesame seed hoagie roll.
Pasta shells in an alfredo sauce on the side.

Now that, my friends, is a meal.

2 comments:

  1. That, my friend, is definitely a meal. And, I know how you feel. The only part of Paige moving here I dread is the lockdown she puts on the food situation. Apparently, she wants me to live past 51. She literally took Ranch Dressing out of my hand last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Lisa ever takes Ranch dressing out of my hand, my ranch tooth will bite her arm until she gives it back.

    ReplyDelete