Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's a Mundane Life...For Me...

I know, it's been awhile since I've posted something other than a sermon or devotion. Forgive me for my laziness -- I've just not been in the mood to blog in recent weeks. Maybe it's the post-Lent hangover, maybe it's all the excitement of baseball season combined with the NHL playoffs, or maybe I'm just a slacker at heart. So here's a quick rundown of my mundane life since Easter Sunday:

1. I've already been to 2 Pirate games, and hoping to make many more. The Brewers are really starting to tick me off, especially Cryin' Braun.
2. Lisa and I saw RENT when it came into Pittsburgh. Good music, good times. Still, the whole night I had the spoof song from Team America: World Police in my head.
3. We visited Raleigh to see our new niece, Natalie Jane Ross. She's cute. Her older brother, Jonathan, is almost 3. He really likes playing outside with Uncle Erik.
4. Having a Sunday off that weekend was great. I love leading worship, but I find the occasional Sunday off refreshes me. In some way, it clears my head for future sermons.
5. We got a new dishwasher. It's still a portable one, but it's nice. We'll be running it for the first time today.

1 comment: