Thursday, May 14, 2009

Not so mundane after all...

Last Friday, my car died. Luckily, I was able to get it home. Monday, I got it towed to the dealer, and Tuesday, I put a significant chunk of money into an 11 year old car with 150,000 miles on it. Our hope was to turn it around and sell it over the next couple months to some high schooler who needs a beater to drive around in.

Today, that same car died again. In the same way. It was towed into the same garage, where they discovered that "You won't like me when I'm angry." I didn't quite lose my cool, but my frustration was apparent as I explained that after all that time and money, the same problem persists.

Tuesday, I removed a bat from my office. That was a fun time.

And tonight was capped off by driving 15 minutes to a meeting with other area churches, only to discover a locked church and empty parking lot. If the meeting was cancelled, I didn't get the memo.

It's been quite a week, with many frustrations and challenges. But then I realize that these are my biggest problems. I still have my health, a comfortable house, a fully stocked kitchen, a wonderful wife, a loving family, a great congregation, and an awesome God. Plus, I've made friends with a couple tow truck drivers in the last week. When I stop and put things in perspective, all these mishaps with cars and bats and meetings that could've been is quite comical. In a way, I'm starting to feel like my life is a sitcom.

Tune in next week, when I get into a car accident, and the other guy can't pay for my repairs, so the judge sentences him to be my butler.

2 comments:

  1. If, after next week's episode, your butler is out of things to do, feel free to lend him to me to help me pack up my apartment... I hope next week is less hectic for you!

    ReplyDelete