Thursday, September 10, 2009

Here We Go

In about 2 hours, the Steelers and Titans will kick off the NFL season. This game will probably be more of a grind-it-out battle than last year, and I refuse to buy into the popular notion around here that the Steelers will easily take this game. Sure, we have a slight edge because it's in our raucous house, we've won 7 straight openers, and we did win the Super Bowl 7 months ago. But the Titans are a tough team -- perhaps the toughest we'll face all year.

At the request of my wife, I've set up a 2nd TV in our living room so we can watch the Georgia Tech - Clemson game. We've put out all our Steeler decorations and watched the Super Bowl XL and XLIII DVDs. I've been listening to DVE's pregame coverage for an hour already. I'm about to start making my homemade pizza.

Welcome back, Steeler football. I've missed you.

1 comment: