Monday, September 7, 2009

Ignominy

It's official.

We've known at least a few years that this day was coming, and I've long since accepted it, so I can't say it hurts. I do agree with my favorite Pirates blog, "WHYGAVS?", that it's sad the current front office and players will suffer ridicule for the errors of many incompetent predecessors. But it still stinks.

But there is hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I can finally see it. They probably won't be out of the dark until 2011 or 2012, but at least now we know they're on the way out. Until then, they'll probably extend this record another year or two, but no one can ever accuse me of giving up on this team. I'm in it until they win it, no matter how long it takes.

These shameful 2 decades are going to make it so much sweeter when they finally turn it around. Until then, we'll have to settle for watching the Steelers and Penguins rack up championships.

No comments:

Post a Comment